“Being an Actor is not easy … he has been endowed with a duty to show the world the rich beauty and heartbreaking struggle of being human… He must be unafraid to expose his spirit and in doing so, give a voice to the voiceless.” -Shrey Bhargava
Casting Directors are privy to what happens behind-the-scenes during the casting process and thus possess a distinctive frame of reference. Utilizing such firsthand knowledge, Lindsay can provide unique guidance for actors in 2 capacities: as an Audition Coach and as an Audition/Career Consultant.
Private sessions are available primarily in 30, 60, or 90 minute intervals. Requests for less or additional time frames can also be accommodated.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then, when you know better, be better.” – Maya Angelou
Lindsay’s goal as an AUDITION COACH is to provide actors with information and knowledge which can help them improve performances. Private training and simulated auditions offer a safe learning environment where actors can develop and improve techniques to make the most effective entrance and exit at an audition, and where they can explore and experiment with that all that can happen between entering and exiting an audition space. Individual sessions can be tailored to an actor’s specific needs.
Casting workshops and private coaching both address:
- How and what to prepare before an audition
- What to do and what not to do in an audition
- When to make bold creative choices
- How to interpret sides for an audition
- How to manage the unexpected
- How to make quick adjustments
- How to rapidly build confidence and ease
- What self -tape basics are paramount
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Lindsay’s goal as an AUDITION / CAREER CONSULTANT is to help actors develop an optimal presence on and off camera so their audition experiences are truly ‘felt’. Auditions are a vulnerable experience in which actors lay-bare their talents for others to judge. Dejection, disappointment, confusion, and frustration often arise from the process. Private consultation provides a supportive atmosphere geared to strengthen, bolster, encourage, and champion actors.
Consultation promotes positive and innovative ways for actors to:
- Find power and purpose as an artist
- Discover the meaningful connection between auditioning and life choices
- Define personal success
- Develop clarity about roadblocks, self-sabotage
- Improve concentration/awareness
- Breakthrough ineffective and restrictive habits
- Manage expectations and set goals
- Trust the process
- Find joy in work, art, and life